Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What Matters In Life




www.youtube.com/watch?v=
zsY6UrFIsNs 


The Dash by Linda Ellis




I was watching a short video called "The Dash" and I was struck by the realization that even though Mom is no longer here with me, she is still continuing to teach me, even in her death.

I always knew that my mom was one of my greatest teachers. Now even though she has passed on she is still teaching me. Mom truly lived the dash between the date of her birth and the date of her death. To her the most important things in life were relationships...her relationship with God, and her relationships with her family and friends. Although Mom loved pretty things like most of us, things were not what was important in her life. What was most important to Mom were her faith and the people that God placed in her life. She touched so many people with her quiet and gentle spirit and her strong faith. My husband used her recently as an example of leadership in a leadership conference that he attended. Most people would not think of my mom as an example of leadership....she was very quiet and meek. But in her own quietly powerful way she WAS a leader.  She quietly led by example and she has left her legacy behind for her children, grandchildren and all the people whose lived she touched.

So to Mom..."I'm slowing down to consider what is really important in life and I'm paying attention, Mom. You taught me well and are teaching me still even though you are no longer here in your earthly body. You taught me what is important in life, but there are still things that I would like to change and my greatest wish is to be more like you.  Thanks Mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment